A Changed Life

It was two years ago today that my life turned the right way up. It all started when I guess you could say I was “homeless”. It was all when some generous man walked along the busy streets of New York city and placed a 20 dollar note in my small, ripped black hat. I got up in an amazing rush to thank him for the money. I refused to take it at first but he wanted me to take it and get something that I needed. I was quite silly with the choice that I made but it actually changed my life. I chose to spend my only money on a seven-billion-dollar lotto ticket.

I waited the next day to walk five hundred and twenty-two long meters to a small blue library on Broadway Street to look what the numbers were. It wasn't very far from where I was sleeping. I finally arrived and got a seat facing the TV. I had the numbers 27, 22, 56, 79, and 60. I looked towards the TV as my face expressions changed from promising to shocked. I swear I was the happiest person on earth when I saw the exact numbers that I had on my ticket. I kept my screaming out of excitement to myself because the library was a very calm and warm place and I didn’t want to be kicked out by anyone. After I got a warm beverage from the machine I left the building to collect the only money I’ve had in years! It was very exciting!

As I got my money I decided I need a small place to stay until I got my very own nice house. I didn’t keep all the money to myself, I actually donated some of the seven billion dollars to the homeless foundation because I knew what type of situation they were in. I really hope this money can change other people's situations and lives. After more days went by I got my very first license, a new white car that go dirty too quickly and I looked for a new comfortable house in a nice safe area. I got a job and I thought about going to a university to study about science and technology. I made that come true and now I study at the Apollo University. It's a very interesting experience! I got myself a small apartment across the road from a lake that I get to walk around every day. I never actually knew what the new world was really like until my whole life changed. I now have a growing family that have helped me through it all.

Now that I know what the real life is like I really enjoy it heaps and I don’t regret any of the choices that I made along the way. I would have to say that I am one of the of the luckiest humans on earth to come this far. This has completely changed my life!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!