Luxury Disaster

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

There was a family that was rich and the dad was called Sebastian and the mother was called Mary, they had three children, their oldest child was their daughter named Linda and their second oldest child was called Connie and finally, their youngest child was called Carl. They were a happy family, but they were happier when their dad bought them a luxury ship and yes, they were a very happy family, until one afternoon when they were relaxing and having fun. Connie saw a massive tropical wave coming towards them and she shouted, "Look there's a huge wave coming!" and before they can do anything else, the wave just hit them.
When they woke up, they found themselves on a tropical island and Carl asked his mum, "What are we going to do?" and then she said, “Just stay put and don't panic, it will be fine." Then Linda and Connie said in a very distressed way, "But what are we going to do with no Wi-Fi connection?" Soon their dad said, "Just quiet down, you guys do have your solar panelled phone chargers do you?" And they all said yes and so their dad said for them to charge all of their flat battery phones, but sadly it started to rain, but good thing that Carl saw their large family tent and so they used that for shelter.
After the rain stopped, Carl found a coconut tree and then Linda ran and climbed up the tree so fast that when she got down, there was a whole pile of coconuts on the floor, so they had cooked coconut with some salmon that they caught. When they were eating dinner, Carl said, "Good thing I packed sleeping bags, pillows and the big tent or else we will be struggling.” When they were done with dinner, they went to sleep in the tent.
In the morning, they woke up to find Linda making breakfast for them and when they had breakfast they said to Linda, "Thanks for the breakfast so much." Linda said, “Aww thanks for the gratitude, but I'm just happy that you guys are with me," and after that they realised that it was very sunny and for the rest of the day, they were doing fun activities while their phones are charging.
When their phones were fully charged, Connie called the Police to rescue them from the island. When the Police came, they were so happy and glad that they are getting rescued. When they arrived at the Police Station, they took the taxi to their home and when they were inside their home, they hugged each other and they all said that they were really happy to be together and also, they learnt that nothing is more important than family. The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!