That Forest Is Alive!

CHAPTER ONE - THE TROUBLE WITH HOMEWORK
"Do your homework!" yelled Dad. "No, no and NO!" screamed Cassidy angrily.
Cassidy is a girl who only likes three things. One, creative arts (writing and arts). Two, sports and three, exploring. Not homework! Cassidy was about to leave her room because she'd had enough of her dad yelling at her. In the end, she started doing her homework, but the problem was her homework was very hard for a nine year old. When she asked her dad to help her, her dad said, "Yes, but only if you do your homework when I tell you to.” Cassidy agreed.
CHAPTER TWO - A DIFFERENT DAY AT SCHOOL
The next day Cassidy woke up at 8:00am, only because Cassidy's mum was yelling, "GET UP CASSIDY'!” After more chaos, Cassidy went off to school. Today was different, Cassidy's class was going on an excursion on a hill near a dark forest. When Cassidy was having her recess at the excursion, she saw a path, but not just any path, it was a magic curly path.
CHAPTER THREE - CASSIDY MEETS SOME FRIENDS
Cassidy wanted to follow this magic curly path. While she was walking on the magic curly path, she thought to herself, "Should I really be doing this?" But she quickly agreed that she should. She was very tired, and was rubbing her eyes, when she saw a witch on her broomstick with a cat! Cassidy rubbed her eyes again. Then she saw two trees talking to each other!! They said, "Hi" to Cassidy. When Cassidy walked further into the forest, she stopped with a sudden breeze behind her. When Cassidy looked behind her, she really did see a cat and a witch!
CHAPTER 4 - WHO IS THIS WITCH?
When the witch saw Cassidy, she said "Hello there.” Cassidy was very confused because the witch looked like the witch from the book called Room on the Broom. Cassidy asked the witch, "Where did you come from?" "I came from the imagination forest which is in your mind," whispered the witch. Cassidy didn’t believe the witch. "How about we go deeper into the forest?" suggested the witch. When they got deeper into the forest, they met a ghost, well two ghosts to be exact. The first ghost's name was Miksey and she was a girl. The other ghost was a boy named Feral.
CHAPTER 5 - TIME TO GO
Cassidy looked at her watch and she panicked because it was 2:50pm. That meant her school excursion bus was leaving. The witch had a suggestion. "If you hold onto my broomstick I will fly you back," said the witch excitedly. After a few minutes, they were at the beginning of the path. "Thank you," whispered Cassidy. The witch said goodbye at the same time as Cassidy's teacher yelled, ''Cassidy PLEASE tell me the answer to the long division sum I just asked you.” Cassidy said to herself, “II will never daydream in class again."
The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!