Facing The Past

Gracias, Honduras
Honk! Honk! Truck Drivers raced towards the town hall with their trucks loaded with fireworks, crackers and great party items. Kipa, Gracias’ best farmer’s daughter sent out invitations to all of Gracias to welcome her brother home after being apart for 20 years. Her love for her brother was unique as it grew bigger after the “Argument”. She loved her brother than anything else in the world. The town of Gracias was always like this, fun, happy and enthusiastic. The first time ever, Gronotes visited the town. “MUM! DAD!” Kipa yelled excitedly. The smelly, flying, talking creatures always fascinated everyone. Kipa’s mother and father rushed toward them and asked, “You called us?” “The Gronotes are here!” Kipa screamed repeatedly. “That means…!” Kipa rushed toward the entrance to the town only to be confronted by the giant Grassroot Pigeon “DIE!!”
Melbourne, Australia
Paka was... Not happy. His love for his sister had decreased with the polluted air changing his brain into a selfish human for the past 20 years. He needed to show his kids he grew up. He was a very adamant person, always held a grudge of some sort. As he went home with his wife Dahra, she asked “Why Paka? Visit your family, our kids must know them.” “Destiny takes its place, they BETRAYED ME!” Paka started to shout as Dahra asked no more questions.
The next day, they boarded their flight to Honduras trying to not think. Paka was nervous about the fact he was going to face his past...
Hours Later in Gracias, Honduras
Kipa was in the Pigeon’s hideout, mouth taped by a leaf, legs tied. “What do you want? If you want to kill me, kill after I see my brother.” Kipa screeched over and over. “Death! I would not allow the prophecy to become true.”
Paka was worried on the drive to Gracias, the place where he grew up. He remembered the places where his sister and he used to play during childhood but he didn’t feel like telling his kids. At last, his thoughts moved from work to reality. As he reached the entrance, he had expected balloons to be floating all over the place and more than that, he expected his sister was waiting there ready to hug him. “Selfish people, traitors!” Paka said aloud. Thump! Thump! Thump! The pigeon stomped all over Gracias destroying lives, houses and more. Soon later, Paka saw his sister held in the grasp of the pigeon. “Help! Help!” Kipa screeched frightened. Kipa thought she would die and suddenly, she saw the ruby necklace her grandma gave. She thought, “If I rub this ruby, everything that just happened will vanish, be forgotten.” She rubbed the pearl as the world started to change and finally the pigeon disappeared!
Paka saw her sister save the town as the affection came back. Paka raced towards Kipa and hugged her not keeping the grudge that had embarrassed him. At last, the brother and sister were one now…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!