Fear

Fear.
Where am I? What is that noise? Why am I here? Who is that standing over there? When did I get here? I can taste blood. Rich sweet tasting blood. I hear a terrifying noise like fingers on a chalk board. I see a dark diabolical world. Something furry brushes up against my arm. My piercing scream filled the world around me. What is that coming towards me?
My name is Ivy Ruellia Appaloosa, and my best friend is Annie. We have known each other since we were little, but what happened in our past was long forgotten, and future came a little early……
It all started when Annie and I were taking a morning walk in the sunshine – sugar and spice. Everyone happy the world was perfect. Until we got home.
“Goodbye see ya’ later Ivy!” exclaimed Annie as she left me at the door. I saw storm clouds gather as I stepped in the door. I heard mum and dad arguing – again. To be precise the 58th time this week. I sighed. They always said they weren’t going to break up, but I was sure they’d had second thoughts. I was correct. Mum turned to see me in the dark gloomy house. The floor was cold. I felt as if I’d stepped into another world. A diabolical, eerie world. Tears welled in my eyes. The floor seemed to disappear. Everything around me turning, turning, round and round. I heard screams and yells as I fell to the floor dizzy. I saw lights flashing. I tasted blood. I wasn’t in my world anymore, or so I thought.

I woke with a start in a place I didn’t know existed. Shivering I realised I was in the future. On seeing hover boards hovering and flying cars flying, I felt dizzy. The future was not at all what I expected. It was starless and dreary. Burnt up and grey. The ground was wrought iron, as grey as an elephant. I saw smoke in the sky and not a speck of colour in sight. Apart from red. Red stains slashed the trees. I wasn’t exactly sure what it was but I was pretty sure it was blood. I wanted to go back so badly my head hurt. I was scared. Why did I imagine the future to be like this?

I was pretty sure I was stuck here forever. But a voice nearby told me I wasn’t alone.
“Sweetie wake up darling, wake up please!”
My eyes fluttered open. I remembered the place immediately. Hospital. The hospital was a dull grey and machines were everywhere. Mum and Annie were sitting next to me in a chair, looking worried was too. I can’t remember what happened next, but I am just glad to be safe. Away from that imaginary world – or was it real?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!