Paper

I’m Mackenzie, a 14 year old girl and this is my story. I can’t seem to get the words out from my mouth, I stutter then can’t get the words out. Every morning, I get ready for school and catch the bus. I sit on my own and read a book in the back corner of the bus to avoid getting talking to. But on the 5th of April 2018, something special happened.
I was sitting in my spot, looking out at the sun shining through the puffy clouds when I felt a tap on my shoulder. As I turned around my shaking head, I realised that it was Samuel. Samuel Jones, I have had a crush on him from year 3 which was 5 years ago. I have never been able to tell him that I like him. Anyway, I was on the bus when Samuel tapped me. My heart sank and I took a deep gulp down my throat. ‘Hey Mackenzie! Can I sit here?’ said Samuel. ‘ahh … No!’ I said quickly and in a rush. ‘I mean, yeah sure’
When I got to school I had the best idea that no one could ever think about. I couldn’t speak to anyone at school without stuttering and making a fool out of myself, so I thought, why not write it. I can write how I feel about Samuel on paper and put it in his locker. So that Recess, I wrote ‘Dear Samuel, I have known you for a long time, and I think that you are a really nice person. And I can’t say this in front of your face but, I really like you. See you on the bus. From Mackenzie’.
I was about to put the letter into Samuel’s locker at the end of recess, when I saw Tiana, the meanest girl you could ever imagine, start to come up to me. ‘What are you doing at my boyfriend’s locker, you creep’ Whispered Tiana. ‘I.. Wasn’t ahh do.. ing anything.’ I replied. ‘You better not’ she yelled. Samuel came over.
Samuel said ‘What is happening here?’ Tiana replied ‘This freak is putting things into your locker boo boo’ ‘Don’t call me boo boo and don’t be rude to Mackenzie’ Samuel said. Samuel asked to look at the note I had and read it. I felt I was have heart malfunctions, I have never felt so scared in my life. ‘Is this what you really think about me? I nodded. ‘I never knew you felt this way’ Samuel said. ‘EXCUSE ME!, what is happening right now’ Tiana Yelled. ‘I have realised that I feel the same way about Makenzie. Samuel replied. I was in shock of what was happened when Tiana said ‘we are boyfriend and girlfriend’ ‘you just think that because I gave you my spare pencil in class’ Samuel said.
That was 3 years ago, in the end, I ended up with the boy of my dreams and came over my stutter.



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!