I Wish

I rubbed my eyes and blinked hard. I was looking straight at him...the bully. I wish I was never here.
I wish I didn’t have to go to this unfair school full of bullies who laugh at me. I jumped up and ran out of school. I cried as I ran back home. I thought to myself, ‘Why did I deserve to be bullied all the time?’
The next day came and I felt nervous like I was about to go on a roller coaster. I saw people laughing at me, but one person wasn’t. His name was Zack. He looked kind. He said “Hi.”
“Hi,” i nervously replied.
“Want to be my friend?” he asked.
I was so overwhelmed. “S..sure,” I said in a shaky voice.
I walked down the corridor, noticing that the bully was walking in front of me. I was nervous like I was going to detention.
“No one wants you!” the bully screamed at me. I stood still. “Just take your own life, who even wants you?”
When he said that I thought, “Should I really take my own life?”
Zack came up in front of me. “Don’t say that! What if you were her?” said Zack, “Think of what you say, it will backfire on you, there will be consequences.”
I wish all the bullies were just like this warm-hearted boy. I hugged Zack in tears. “Thank you. Thank you for being a kind friend,” I said in tears.
I walked back home remembering what had happened earlier. At school, Zack told me to tell a parent or a teacher about what is happening. I think about what he said to me. I think about it all night long. I go in my room and decide that I can’t tell my parents because they are usually at work, but my teacher Mrs Ross will help me. She loves every student in this school. I smile in joy because Mrs Ross will help me till I finish Primary School! I jumped up, feeling so happy for the first time!
When I went to school, I straight away went to my class and told her what was happening with the bully and I. “Don’t worry, I got this,” she replied.
“Thank you so much!” I said in relief.
When School was over, I saw Mrs Ross in the classroom with the bully. The bully was crying, his head hanging down in shame.
Now, I feel comfortable being in school with no bullies laughing at me. I am grateful to have a friend like Zack. I wish for it to always be like this.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!