New Halcyon

PROLOGUE


The fortress is found on Lightning mountain overlooking the Sea of Horror in the Pacific Ocean. The mountain is shielded by a magical barrier. Our story centres around a very special student. He has the powers of a lenged who is capable of seeing through the shield to the magnificent fortress and has a friend called Fireball.


CHAPTER ONE: NEW HERO


Woosh!!!! A green axe flies straight past my head and explodes into the tall tree behind me. I go flying when a lightning bolt nearly hits me and I see a giant the size of a house storming towards the fortress. He is armed with a red spear the size of a mountain and is leading a large army. By the way, my name is Halcyon and I have a cute baby sister.

I run to the dojo screaming “Giants are coming, get down now!”

Sensi, the Master of the Dojo, screams “Where Halcyon?”
I reply “Over the ridge”.

The air force is called in, they’re five minutes out. Soon, we see air force planes flying down to shoot the giants, who are now both on the ground also in their mega-sized planes.
When the air force plane lands, we pile in and fly off guns still blazing away. We are under heavy fire too. I think for a moment, what happens to my one year old sister and Mum if I die now?

The air force calls in reinforcements. They fire their tracking missiles at the enemy’s plane. It’s a direct hit and a ball of fire erupts as they submerge below the waves. The giants are dragged deeper by some unknown entity. They resurface, there’s blood in the water, they’re able to swim safely to a neighbouring island.

My plane returns to the air force base. I brief the commander and he gives me permission to return home.

CHAPTER TWO: THE LOSING OF
SOMEONE SPECIAL

The taxi arrives at my apartment, as I enter I see my baby sister Lexi playing on the floor. She sees me and grabs my leg, I pick her up and she falls asleep in my arms. Mum is very happy to see me and informs me we are driving to the mansion at the beach for the week. We take the Ferrari and on arrival the butler helps us unload and take our bags to our room. Mum gives him a tip. It’s getting late, it’s been a long day, Mum puts Lexi to sleep and we both follow soon afterwards.

Morning breaks, Fireball runs in to warn us the giants are coming. Time to escape, I grab Lexi and run out, Mum follows. We frantically run to the car and drive to the castle. We arrive in a hurry sliding toward the curb side, the car disappears and we all fall to the ground.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!