The Chase

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

I ran as fast as my legs could take me. I could hear the ‘pad, pad’ of the human’s feet.
“Amy!” My mum cried. I ran towards her. I was an amber and orange tiger cub, but the rest of my family was white. I ran inside the den where the human couldn’t get me.
“I told you not to go out there where the hunters could see you!” snarled mum.
“Sorry,” I muttered. “I just thought – ”
Mum growled. I went up to my room. Suddenly as I entered, something large fell on me. It was my older sister, Jane. She was only older than me by two years, and she acted like she was the oldest, but we had an older brother too named Max.
“Are you ready?” Said Jane.
“Ready for what?” I asked curiously.
“Ready for an adventure, silly!” Jane laughed.
“What’s going on?” said a suspicious voice behind us. It was Max.
“Nothing-” started Jane.
“Jane was jumping on me again,” I interrupted. Max growled at Jane. Jane growled back. Then mum called us down for dinner. When we got to the dining room, Max told mum what happened.
“Jane-” Mum growled, warningly.
“Sorry, Amy,” Jane muttered.
“Good,” growled mum. I was thinking hard of how we could lure the hunters away. Suddenly I had an idea.
“Mum!” I cried.
“Yes,” answered mum.
“I’ve got an idea of how we can lure the hunters away!” I yelled. I was getting so excited that I jumped up and down and nearly hit my head on the ceiling. Then I told them my plan…
We ran out of our den, the hunters suddenly saw us. We ran faster and they chased us as we ran deep into the city. This was part of my plan. My plan was to lure the hunters away. We kept jumping over tall fences and squeezing through small gaps. After a while, we were still running and I saw a small gap where the hunters could not get in. I told the others and we ran into the gap. The hunters tried to get us but then they finally gave up. When the hunters had gone, we crept out of our hiding spot and ran back to our den. Now we’re safe! The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!