Backwards Fairy Tale

Backwards Fairy Tale

Late one evening, Miranda, well you know her as Cinderella’s stepmother, was cleaning her dishes.

“Mother?” Gracie (you know Gracie as one of the evil stepsisters and her sister is Lizzy) called out at the top of her lungs. “Yes darling?” Miranda called back. “Have you found anyone to marry yet?” “I think I may have,” replied Miranda with a smirk.

Now this may seem like they are rather shallow people but if you continue the story you will see why I’m showing you their side.

“Good, because I really miss a Dad to help me,” Gracie said. “Well, you won’t for much longer, darling,” Miranda said.

A few weeks later Miranda was marred to Rob Dasher (you know him as Cinderella’s father) and Miranda’s family moved in straight away. From the minute they walked through the door Cinderella was giving the new coming family the stink eye. Then Miranda introduced herself. “Hello there! I’m Miranda,” said Miranda. “Hello there I’m Miranda,” Cinderella mimicked. Miranda was so shocked she didn’t say a word, just walked inside and sat down. Then Rob came through the door. “Hello sweetie,” he said to his daughter and the funny thing was Cinderella was as sweet as a daisy when her father came in the room.

The father was a traveller and always kissed Cinderella goodbye but this time before he left he also kissed his wife while Cinderella put her finger across her own neck in a threatening way. Once her father had gone Cinderella said: “Now, I’m thinking Gracie cleans all the bedrooms, Lizzy cleans the kitchen, the living room and the stairs and Miranda you can clean the bathroom and the pool - the two dirtiest places.”

Back then Cinderella was called Ella. “Ella…” Miranda began. “It’s Miss Dasher to all of you.” Ella interrupted “This isn’t fair!” Miranda said.

Reading this story you must be thinking Ella was behaving badly because she was just getting use to this new life. You are wrong! She always acted this way when her father wasn’t around.

“You’re right,” Ella began. Miranda’s face lit up when she said that - Miranda thought she had knocked some sense into the girl. Then Ella continued: “You can also help Lizzy polish the stairs.” Disappointment drowned Miranda’s heart. “That’s it. I have tried to be patient but this is too much. You’re not allowed to go to the ball!”

A couple of days later: “The ball, THE BALL!” Lizzy and Gracie screamed at the top of their lungs. A few hours later everyone was at the ball, well, except for Ella. The prince was dancing with a whole bunch of ladies including Lizzy and Gracie. At home Ella stole one of her stepsister’s dresses and went to the ball with a mask and a car that she was not permitted to drive. The prince fell in love with her. Ella felt the same.

Then they got married, had kids and broke up.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!