Was I Ever Alone?

“The covers are always a safe place in my bed everyone’s out and I’m home alone”, I whisper to myself. I slip between the covers trying not to think bad thoughts, in complete darkness I whisper to myself again “Is it stupid that I’m afraid?” “Don’t worry friend you’re not alone they can’t get us in here”, something replies back out of the darkness. I jump out of my bed with panic and fear and turn the light switch immediately. I see my cat drenched in blood and its head separated from its body. I was horrified as my eyes greeted the writing on the wall “you’re next!”
I was entirely covered with goose bumps and drenched in sweat. There was no one here except me and my doll Robert; a thought popped into my mind all of the sudden, perhaps it’s Robert causing all of this. Ever since Robert entered this house there has been paranormal activity, unusual sounds and every time I place Robert in a position I end up finding him in a totally different position. "Robert is it you causing all of this”, I ask him pretending to be tough, no reply. “Robert is it you causing all of this”, I ask him again this time even louder, “Yes it is but it’s too late now look out the window!” I was terrified now not because Robert was talking but because of what I saw outside, I saw my whole family hanging from the tree.
I was paranoid more than ever my heart was beating faster than the speed of light. I grabbed onto Robert and took him out of my bedroom, down the stairs and towards the main door. “BANG” the door slammed shut, “Not today friend” Robert turned its head 180 degrees with and stared at me with its eyes bleeding. Now I was convinced that Robert is a demonic spirit. I had to give up there was no way I could do this; I couldn’t fight a demon, spirit or whatever it was. “BANG” I fell of my bed and discovered I was in my bedroom on the floor and it was all a dream. My parents had already passed away 15 years ago and they were buried in the backyard as there wasn’t a cemetery kilometres from here.
“Drip, Drip” something dripped onto my head I looked above me in confusion and there was a doll hanging from the fan. I hurried downstairs picked up my gun and made my way back to the bedroom; sweat was streaming down my face as I looked back into the bedroom. There was nothing there anymore. I searched and searched everywhere but wasn’t able to find that demonic spirit. I could just hear screams and loud, heavy breathing I was extremely horrified as I asked again “is it stupid that I’m afraid?” “No!” I turned around and shot “Boom” A huge explosion and it was burnt. Shortly after, a hundred more appeared.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!