Jane And Ginger

Ever since I was little, I have always wanted to ride horses like my older sister Eliza. She is a national champion and I want to be just like her. Anyway, my name is Jane and I’m 12 years old. I live in South Australia and I have a big family. I have one brother named Jake and another brother named Jack. They are twins and are 16 years old. I also have two sisters. Katie is 13 and my older sister Eliza who is 15. Also, I have my mum, dad and my dog named Rover who is currently six years old.
This morning I woke up and got dressed for school “I hate Mondays,” I thought. As I was brushing my teeth I heard my mum shout, “Honey can you get the mail please!” “Okay!” I shouted back. I started to walk down the driveway where my red, kind of broken mail box was. I opened the red mail box and there in the mail box was a letter from the Green Horse Academy for Horse Riding, in Queensland.
I rushed inside to open the letter, my heart pounding with excitement. Could this be it? Could this be the moment I have been waiting for? I opened the letter. My hands were shaking, my heart was pounding. I began to read:
Dear Jane and Eliza,
We would be delighted if you could join us at the Green Horse Academy for Horse Riding. If you would like to attend all the information is below.
Important information
. Bring signed form to Green Horse Academy.
. Pack warm clothes, riding boots, blanket, pillow and toothbrush.
. Where- Green Horse Academy - Queensland.
It would be a pleasure to have you. Hope to see your there.
Kind regards Jill
Once I finished reading the letter, I knew I had to go. I asked my mum and she agreed. Mum signed the form and told me I could have a day off school to pack. After a lot of packing, I realised that the letter said to Jane and Eliza, but Eliza wasn’t here. She was away on school camp, so it would just be me!
The next morning, I woke up early, put my bag in the car and we started to drive to Green Horse Academy. When we finally arrived, there was a lady with dark brown curly hair there to greet me. I said goodbye to my mum and the lady told me her name was Jill. After we talked a little, she showed me to my dorm room. When I walked in, there was another girl. “Hi” she said, “I’m Stacey.” “Hi, I’m Jane,” I replied.
Jill took Stacey and I down to the stables where we got to pick our horse for the week. I picked a brown horse named Ginger. Stacey and I both agreed that this would be the best week ever. Both of our dreams have come true!
The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!