The Girl And The Magpie

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

Once upon a time there was a girl called Layla. Her mother and father had passed away when she was only three. So, now she lived with her grandmother near the forest and spent her life washing pink and yellow teacups (which she did not like) and feeding her grandmother's cat, Apple Pie.

On Layla's twelfth birthday morning when she was in bed, a magpie opened the window shutter and flew inside. The magpie woke Layla up by pecking her on the head and then she set her on a magic carpet that had sneakily followed the magpie in through the window.
"Who are you?" said Layla, as they flew out of the window and above the woods. "I am an ordinary magpie" said the magpie.
"I didn't know magpies could talk" said Layla, as they landed in a temple and found a green dragon locked up in gold chains. "My name is Picasso" boomed the dragon, waving his tail around. "If you promise to set me free without wounding me, I will be your best friend and travel everywhere with you." Layla thought hard and then said "I promise" and without a second to spare she unlocked the dragon's chains.Everyday they travel around the world flying on Picasso's back.Maybe you can see them today.The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!