A Couple Reunited

“Come to me my child,” Anna was lying in her bed when she heard a hoarse voice. “Come to me,” she heard it again and now it sounded more familiar than it was before. Anna told herself that it was just her wild imagination. She fell asleep without hearing the voice again.
The next day, Anna told her mother what had happened that night and her mother assured her that it was probably a dream. After that, she went to her bedroom and sat on her bed. Then she suddenly remembered that her mother had told her that before Anna’s step-father died he wrote a note to her mother which had the words, ‘I WILL SEE YOU SOON!’ written on it in red. Anna didn’t quite understand what the note meant but she knew it wasn’t good because her step-father was a very cruel man who didn’t even care if other people got hurt, as long as he got what he wanted. Anna wasn’t close to her step-father, so she didn’t visit his grave even though it was a 10 minute walk.
That night Anna heard the voice again. Every time she was almost asleep, again she was disturbed by the hoarse voice. The same thing happened each night at 12 am for 13 nights. On the 13th night, it happened slightly different. Instead of the voice saying, ‘come to me,’ it whispered, “My daughter, come to me, I must show you something.” Anna was extremely curious now so she followed the voice until she found herself at a graveyard. She suddenly realised who the ghost was. It was her step-father. Anna was shocked and terrified so she ran back home and tried to calm herself down.
As the weeks passed Anna started to visit the graveyard more often. Whenever her mother asked where she was going, Anna would tell her that she was meeting a friend. This time when Anna went to the graveyard, she noticed there was something odd about it. She thought she was just imagining again, but then she heard a whisper, which sobbed, “I’m sorry Anna, I really am.” Anna wasn’t sure why the ghost whisperer was sorry, but she was soon to find out. Suddenly she felt someone grab on to her ankle. Then the ghost whisperer pulled her down into the grave. Anna was screaming as she tried to get free but it was too late. The ghost whisperer had swapped her soul with his and Anna couldn’t do anything about it. The ghost whisperer was now in Anna’s body. He decided not to go to the house. He would make Anna’s mother think that Anna had disappeared.
Three weeks later…
The ghost whisperer returned to the house in Anna’s body and her mother was shocked and relieved to see ‘her’. Anna’s mother started to ask lots of questions, but ‘Anna’ replied, “It’s A long story.” The ghost whisperer sat on Anna’s bed and thought to himself…. “and now I am reunited with my wife forever.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!