New Friends

One morning Ellie (The bunny) was helping her mother pick berries for lunch. Ellie said, “When will I ever make friends?” Her mother replied back, “Maybe soon” with a sad voice. They finished picking the delicious berries and saw Tayla the cheetah and Benji the fox on their way home.
They said rudely, “What are you doing baby, heading home with your mummy?” Ellie ran as fast as lightning back into the black dense bushes. “It’s ok, you can come out now,” said mother. Ellie came out and said sadly, “They are bullies.”
They got home and mum made Ellie a hot chocolate and hopcorn and told her not to worry about what others say or think. Ellie gave mum a big hug.
The next day, Ellie went to school and saw the bullies. She went up to them and asked them, “Why are you always mean to me? Why do you always bully me?” In a fierce husky voice, Tayla replied, “Well, we are jealous of you and how smart you are.” Ellie responded, “I could help you if we become friends.”
They pondered for a while and said, “That’s a good idea.” The bell started to ring and Ellie headed back to the class with her new friends.
School finished, Ellie happily hopped home. Her mum was waiting for her at the door and asked how her day was. Ellie said, “Great, remember the bullies from yesterday, now they are my friends.” Mum said, “That’s good.” So they went in and had some tea.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!