My Pet Leopard

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

Areesha loved her pet leopard, Star. She loved Star’s soft golden fur. She loved the black spots. She loved the way Star climbed up her favourite tree and stretched out on the branch. Sometimes Star would creep up to Areesha and purr.
One day, Areesha came home from school and looked for Star. Star was not there! Star was not in her favourite tree. She was not anywhere in the garden.
“Star!” called Areesha. “Star! Where are you?” But Star did not come to Areesha.
Areesha noticed that the gate was open. There were footprints on the ground. They were big footprints, made by big boots. Areesha did not know anyone who had boots like that. Areesha was worried. She thought someone had stolen Star. She made up her mind to find Star.
She put up ‘Lost’ notices in all the shops. She put them in the bakery, the butchers, the supermarket, the Fish and Chip shop and the newsagents. Then she waited for someone to ring.
The next day, the telephone rang. Areesha ran to answer it.
“Hello? Who is that?” she asked. “Do you know anything about my leopard?”
“Yes!” said a lady on the other end of the phone. “There is a leopard in the tree in my garden and it looks just like the leopard on your ‘Lost’ notice.”
Areesha was very happy and went to see the lady straight away. Star was very happy to see Areesha and cuddled up to her purring loudly.
“I think that someone tried to steal your Star, but she managed to escape. I don’t know why she climbed up my tree,” said the lady.
“I know why!” exclaimed Areesha. “We have a tree just like that in our garden and it is Star’s favourite tree!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!