Camping

The Night

Camping
I froze up and took a deep breath. Then it happened, the light turned on. I saw lots of kids stop and freeze then I looked at my younger sisters Laila and Skye. Laila and Skye got caught and went back to Hope, my mum, and Will, my dad, at the camp. I ran for my life to the bushes. I saw the two girls get caught and go back to the camp. They were twenty meters away from me. Then it was coming for me so I ran and hid right next to the camp. After a minute the adults called the kids in for tea. After tea I went to play again. All the children joined in for the game it was so fun. My sisters and the two girls didn’t join in because they got caught last time. After ten people got caught we had dessert and started the game again. All the people joined in then I got caught and then youngest to oldest kids got caught but Laila was the last one standing so she got to cut the birthday cake. Laila and Skye and I got the first piece of it then the birthday girl got the fourth piece of cake. Then all the other kids had a piece of cake. Then all the adults had a piece of cake. Then it was bed time and I said, ‘‘Play tomorrow?’’ they all said, ‘‘Okay!” So we played it the next night again then I said, “Let’s play a different game tomorrow morning so we don’t get bored of the game that we played all week. Each week let’s play a different game. So this week let’s play chasey on the colourful big playground over there. I will make a roster for the games that we will play each week,” I cried. I went to bed and had a weird dream that was about me being called in to a house on fire and I took a step in and then I woke up. I cried to Laila and Skye, “I am alive! I am alive!” they woke up in surprise. Mum & Dad yelled, “Calm your farm Rylee!”
We played chase for the rest of the camp. On the way home my mum saw a sign that said ‘free budgies for sale’. So we stopped. Mum asked, “Who would like a budgie?” Laila, Skye and I said, ‘‘We would like one!” So we got three budgies and we got a cage, containers for food and water, and then we bought food for our budgies. Laila called hers Snowflake, Skye called hers Summer, I called mine Ocean. Snowflake is aqua, Summer is light purple, Ocean is green. It was the best camping trip ever.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!