DEAD VS ALIVE

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

This morning I opened my eyes and I realised I was at an arcade. I first went to a game called The Walking Dead and started playing the game. Suddenly the game stopped and the screen turned into a blue and white circle. I realised that it was a portal, so I stepped inside and started to spin.

When I stopped spinning, I was in the jungle. I was wearing a very heavy backpack with a new crossbow inside. Just then, a zombie wearing a green suit of armour dropped out of a tree and started walking to me. It slowly took out a sword and tried to hit me, but he kept missing me. Suddenly I thought of a good idea. I remembered that I had a crossbow. I quickly took it out and started shooting the zombie. Just then, a group of people with crossbows came running. One of them said good job. Ten more zombies dropped out of the trees. The group started shooting them. I shot a few too. After the zombies were killed, the group of people and I introduced ourselves to each other. They leaded me to their chopper and we flew to their base. While they were giving me a tour there, a siren went off.

We quickly ran to the chopper and took off. I got a job on the chopper to shoot down any zombies. Suddenly I saw a little dot moving. I asked one of the people to borrow the binoculars to look at what it is … it was a zombie. I told the group what I had spotted and they told me to prepare the canon. I started shooting at it but I missed. Suddenly, the zombie started shooting at us. One missile almost hit our chopper, so I tried to get revenge and I did. I hit it down. Without a warning, a missile hit from underneath! My group quickly got out a group of parachutes for all of us. One by one we started jumping off the chopper. Suddenly we were surrounded by groups and groups of zombies. We tried to kill them all but we just couldn’t because there were endless rows of zombies. Luckily one of the choppers from our team spotted us in danger so he prepared the canon and started shooting at the zombies so we could escape. Unluckily the zombies had already set many traps and we got captured in their net.

I woke up in my original room. I thought to myself that must have been a dream.
To be continued…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!