The Spy Trail

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

It was a Saturday morning and I was woken by the sounds of robins weeping in the figs.
Hello, my name is Holly Amber. I work for the S.C. (Spy Corporation). “Holly! We need that case. You've been working on it for two years now” said my boss Mr Cartridge in a grumbling voice. “I know, but 'Black Widow' has been sneaking around too many towns and I don't even know where his hideout is,” I exclaimed to Mr Cartridge.
I was walking aimlessly down Star Lane when, out of the corner of my eye, I spied an old looking shack. The weird thing was that it was near the old, cemetery... I quietly tippy toed up to the rusty, old shack and knocked on the broken door. “Umm is anyone home?” I questioned. “Mate, have you read the signs? They CLEARLY say DO NOT ENTER!” This man had slang language and he was modelling a black hood. The man rudely slammed the door on my face and said, “Don't call the police!”
I was walking back home, and was thinking about the man saying, “Don't call the police!” I thought hard for a while and then suddenly realised the man was actually 'Black Widow'! I rushed to Mr Cartridge's office! “MR CARTRIDGE! I FOUND BLACK WIDOW'S HIDEOUT!” I shouted. “WHAT? WHERE? We must get this to the police NOW!” He rushed.
“SHOW YOURSELF NOW, OR WE WILL HAVE TO COME INTO YOUR HOUSE OURSELVES!” The police shouted fiercely through the megaphone. Suddenly some local residents saw 'Black Widow' escaping through a window! “We have to get him, or we will lose him forever,” I panicked to the police...but the car 'Black Widow' was driving in was a Ferrari, and it was way too fast for the police's mini!!
“Mr Cartridge, I can't find 'Black Widow's hideout anywhere!” I said annoyed. “Well that's not right because I found the same Ferrari parked at a hideout below Myer. The police think it's 'Black Widow's hideout!” Mr Cartridge said excitedly. “We will go there tomorrow and find out more details.” “Excellent!” I answered hopefully.
It was Tuesday and Mr Cartridge and I were walking through Myer to see if any shops were closed due to stolen property or destruction! “My dresses are ruined. Who did this?” A shop owner was on the ground in distress. “Mr Cartridge, I can see something over in her shop. It might tell us a bit about who this thief is!” I exclaimed…
“WE GOT HIM!!!” I said proudly. “YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE LAST...,” but 'Black Widow’didn’t even get to finish his sentence because the police were already carrying him away!
“Well Holly, I have to say you're amazing! So, I'd like to present you with a scholarship to the National Spy School!” Announced Mr Cartridge. I was so thrilled with this amazing opportunity and felt a spark of pride about my future.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!