The Carrots

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

Hello, my name is Ben and I’m a carrot. I’m not the most crannoying carrot, that’s my brother Rodger, the smart one, I’m probably the most happy one though.
It all started when we were having dinner in our not so wonderful dirt patch, which we call home.
We heard loud, heavy footsteps heading for our home. I was so happy to be leaving this dirt patch.
“No leave me alone!” screamed Rodger as Mr Oliver pulled him out. “Pick me, pick me,” I whispered to myself as Mr Oliver pulled me out.
He took us to a soft thing, it was a bag. As he put the carrots in, Rodger thought we were going to a carrot competition, so he screamed and shouted, he was happy. Mr Oliver heard something coming from the bag. He opened it to find the carrots at the bottom of the bag not big at all. He threw the bag in the back of the van and hopped in.
The van started and sped on ahead like no tomorrow. As he sped, the carrots all followed each other out of the bag. Once they got out of the bag, the carrots jumped up and down all over the place. Mr Oliver looked at his mirror and saw the crazy cute carrots jumping everywhere, but he did not pay attention. I jumped till I found something interesting I pressed it.
“Hey, it’s a window,” whispered Rodger.
“Dude, it’s a waterslide,” I replied! But it was because someone watering the garden across the road.
“No we aren’t going to a carrot competition, we’re going to the markets to be sold!” yelled Rodger after seeing a sign that said, ‘The Markets’.
“Yay, I’m going to see the world,” I replied.
“Get me out of here!” yelled Rodger as the wind flew him away.
“Bye Bye,” I said.
“I’m free, I’m free. See you later suckers,” said Rodger as he got squashed by a car.
The carrots heard a noise so they climbed back into the bag. As the carrots moved, the bag followed. They fell down a mysterious thing. They jumped on it and BANG!
Mr Oliver’s van smashed because the carrots had jumped on the brakes, causing the car to crash. Mr Oliver was in worst shape than a sea lion.
We heard footsteps and someone picked us up. We entered the market, we were so happy to be able to see the world, we screamed and shouted, but Mr Oliver didn’t notice it was us yelling because he thought it was people in the market looking at him as he had cuts and bruises on his face.
That was the last time I was alive with my brothers, sisters and my carrot body.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!