Into The Mist

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

As the fog covered the night sky, a pale, dark haired girl dressed in all white clothes carefully and slowly waded into the jet black water from the shore. She glanced back at the shore thinking, if she does this then there is no going back. She peered through the grey mist and saw there was an old ship wreckage. A rush of chills went down her spine, but she still went towards it.
As she reached the ship, she noticed that it was wrecked almost strangely, there were random holes in the hull. The control tower was missing its top half and the strangest part was, the giant claw mark on the side of the hull, as if something had slashed at it.
Meanwhile, the girl had boarded the boat and was wandering along the deck. Suddenly, she caught a glimpse of a transparent figure, as tall as an adult, floating towards the broom cupboard. The girl scurried towards the room and opened the door and then she saw it!! A pair of skeletal bodies surrounded by a pool of blood. She tried to scream, but she couldn’t as her voice caught in her throat. Instead, the girl heard a terrible scream and the same ghost that led her into this eerie room had knocked her to the bottom of the floor. She tried to move, but it was too late, the ghost floated towards her and put his long skeletal finger on her forehead.
The girl woke with a start. She looked around and realised she was back in her dark and cold dormitory at the orphanage. She had no recollection of how she ended up at the orphanage. She tiptoed towards the window and looked into the mist, searching for the ghostly ship. She could see nothing except the bright moonlight shining in her face.
The next morning, the girl got up feeling sick and in a lot of pain. She made her bed and went to brush her teeth, but when she looked in the mirror, she didn’t see her reflection, instead she saw the same ghost that had attacked her on the boat staring back at her.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!