Catastrophe With Bunnies

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition


One day Amelia and Tom were riding their horses, Lily and Jack around the garden.
“I’m a little bit thirsty can we get a drink.” Said tom. “Sure but last one there’s a rotten egg!” shouted Amelia.
“Ready Tom wait till I say go steady go!” shouted Amelia and they were off. When they got inside Tom just remembered that their friends Georgina and Chris were coming over in two hours.
“Amelia, Georgina and Chris are coming over today!” said Tom.
“Oh I forgot about that, how many hours until they come over?” said Amelia sounding very excited.
“About two or three.” Said Tom.
“Yay!” said Amelia. Two hours later Georgina and Chris brought their horses Layla and Charlie over to play with while they were over.
“Hey Amelia, can we go ride our horses?” asked Georgina
“Sure, I was just about to ask you the exact thing!” replied Amelia.
“So should we go outside now?” said Georgina.
“Yeah let’s just get our shoes on first.” Said Georgina. When they went outside there were two little bunnies at the front door “Cute bunnies they look hungry can we feed them?” said Georgina.
“Sure they’re so cute” said Amelia.
“Yeah we can feed them, I think that their adorable!” said Amelia.
“I think we have some left over carrots in the stable and I can get some lettuce from the garden.” Said Amelia. Then Amelia skipped briskly down to the stable then the garden. When she got back they fed the bunnies some lettuce and carrots. Then it was time for Georgina to go home.
“Bye Georgina!” yelled Amelia.
The next morning after Amelia and Tom got dressed they went to the kitchen for breakfast. For breakfast Amelia had a peanut butter sandwich and Tom had fried eggs.
“Yum this egg is delicious mum probably got these from the chickens yesterday.” Said Tom with a mouth full of egg.
“I’m just going to go feed the horses.” said Amelia walking out the door.
“Okay, just remember its Lily’s turn to have the oats” said Tom. As Amelia was walking out the door she saw eight little bunnies.
“OHHH” Said Amelia. “Now there’s eight!” so she went down to feed the horses. But while she was down there she snuck some little carrots and some more lettuce from the garden then she ran back to the bunnies and fed them.
The next day she went to see the bunnies and feed them but when she opened the door
“AAAAAAHHHHHHHH” she screamed, at that moment Mum and Tom came rushing down the stairs to see what was wrong. In front of them were 32 tiny little bunnies.
“Where did all the bunnies come from?” said Mum.
“Um well” said Amelia and started to explain what happened.
“Amelia you have to stop feeding them these are wild rabbits who need to find their own.” said mum.
“OK I’ll stop.” said Amelia. And now Amelia has a new favourite animal dogs.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!