Last Goodbye

"Tilly, I have some bad news" my Dad said with a long face.What could it be? I think to myself, "Aunty Joy has cancer" I paused, memories flash through my mind, tears are running down my face as if they were being chased by a swarm of wasps.The night became dark, I put my hands together and prayed, "Dear God, please don't let Aunty Joy pass away, please help her survive,Amen". Many more tears came rushing down my face, I don't understand, why Aunty Joy?. A week went by and Dad drove us up to Gosford hospital to visit Aunty Joy, in the hospital a nurse said "right this way" after my Dad explained why we were there. The nurse walked us to Aunty Joy's room, "just in here she said, pointing to the door, we walked on in. My throat is sore, I try not to cry, but the tears are now filling my eyes, I blinked and my tears were released. One by one we gave Aunty Joy a hug, she noticed my tears and told me not to cry, "I can't", I tell her, "I'll always be here with you, you may not be able to see me, but I'll be there" she said. I continue to cry, She's going, I'll never be able to hug her again, I hug her again, whispering in her ear, "please don't leave me", I'll never leave you" she said. A short time later, we had to leave, it was hard. A few weeks came by, and I had a dream, in my dream, I saw Aunty Joy, she was beside me, she said, "Goodbye my baby". When I woke, Dad had a call, the person on the phone spoke slowly, Aunty Joy had passed away. I will love you forever Aunty Joy, please don't forget me.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!