Fate's Creation

There I see, a man whose personality is like a little child but also acts like a hero. He stand in an ocean of flowers, staring at the heavenly blue sky. I walk up to him. He stares back at me, but I can't see his face. He reaches his hand out for me, telling me something I can't understand quite clearly. The man vanishes into pink petals as the wind guides him off to the horizon. I wonder who is this man. Then a faint voice shouts out to me "Wake up little one." and before I knew it, the world turn into a place that felt like I was born in. It was rusty and looked as if I was in a factory. I soon realised there were tanks filled with green and had... people inside them. And the worst part, is that I was in one of them. I became confused, scared, I started banging on the thin glass. Then the glass collapsed right before my eyes. And there I was, laying on the ground like a fish out of water. Then a light appeared over my eyes, a light ray of hope that i desire soon to be mine. The light said, "She" said "A creation of fate like you can be clearly seen to be alive. And so, you shall be alive." and there, was the first time I smiled. She brought me through and adventure of life and death. It is not an adventure like in story books, It's rather an adventure of the brink of war and violence. And then in 4 months, she finally brought me to a peaceful place of clear, fresh wind. I wanted to thank her, although I didn't even know her name. So there I ask her name, she says "Laeticia, what is yours?" I respond, "I do not know, I don't think I have one." then without hesitation, she says "Let's name you Reed, after the man who saved you. You can now live as long as you like." I didn't understand her at first, I was about to ask her, but then the peaceful world turned into a dull, blazed universe. I only saw war and fire. The world crumbled before. Laeticia shouted and bring me somewhere else. I ask her "Why do people have war, why don't they live peacefully? And why did you save me?" after that she goes faint, she doesn't respond, but then she says something I don't understand at all. She starts to cry and runs away somewhere else without me. It has been 3 months without her, at first I looked and searched for her everywhere, but still no luck. But here I am no fighting for a world to have salvation and peace. I go into this wooden house and there I see a child. He was speechless and looked as if he didn't have any emotions. I reach out a hand for him. And I say these Words.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!