The Abandoned Amusement Park

It’s hard to imagine this place was once full of happiness and excitement as it is now such a ghost town. It gave me goosebumps thinking about it. The whisper of the chilling breeze sounds like a haunting ghost; it feels like an icy breeze is passing through me. It makes me shiver. As I take a stroll around, I notice all the damaged rides and roller coasters. The ferris wheel still standing tall and unharmed was slowly spinning and the cages were swinging along with the wind sounding like a wooden door creaking giving me an eerie vibe. The final rays of sun peeping through the thin branches slowly begins to disappear and becomes overpowered by the thick murky storm clouds dimming the sky. As I gaze up into the sky, rain drops falls onto my face and trickle down my cheek. The droplets start to bullet down soaking my clothes and hair instantly. As the raindrops land down onto the dirt, it becomes muddy and moist which makes a squelching noise as I clumsily walk through. The wind suddenly begins to roar loudly like a very hungry lion, it feels like I am at a graveyard on a stormy night. The towering slender trees look like tall skeletons coming towards me as they move from side to side forming faint shadows below. Although this place is abandoned, I have an unpleasant feeling that I am not alone but as I look around, I don’t see a single soul. The storm clouds begin to grumble and then let out a loud deafening bang which makes me jump. Freezing cold and completely terrified, I decide to not stay any longer.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!