XBOX

One dark, cold and windy night at Auntie’s house, my sister and I were talking about getting Yellow – which is an app to make friends. I asked my mother if I could install it on my phone. “No you can’t get it, you’re under age,” explained my mother.
I pestered and annoyed her for days and days. What seemed like months were only days, either way my parents gave in and they approved the app.
My sister turned on her new, luxurious laptop and downloaded the game ‘Getting over it’. This is a game where you reach the top of the mountain using a pickaxe. I wanted the game and considered downloading it. “You can’t get it because it’s M rated,” informed my sister to me in a sassy voice.
I walked into the lounge room stomping my feet and started watching TV, huffing to myself, “I never get anything good.” My sister then walked in with a bragging voice, “You’re not allowed to download anything without Mum and Dad’s permission.”
The following weekend my cousin got an IPhone X. My parents never let me buy anything over $1,000 because they think I would break it, just as it comes out of the package.
My fuse was burned short! I saved $600 and bought myself an Xbox One X. I downloaded NBA Playgrounds, NBA Live 18, NBA 2K18 and FIFA 18. Then a new game was released. It was number 1 on trending. Everyone was talking about it. The game was taking over the World. It was called Fortnite: Battle Royale. I begged and pleaded if I could get it on my Xbox One X. My mum came in and told me, “I don’t like you spending money on games and in particular gun games.” Just when all the games finished downloading, my parents came in and yelled, “You have reached the limit of games! You are not allowed to get anymore! Including Fortnite!” My heart was pumping just like Usain Bolt running in the Olympics. When they told me, I was shocked and horrified, then depressed as a melancholy, lonely dog.
To annoy me, my sister secretly downloaded Fortnite: Battle Royale and would not allow me to play the game.
I was devastated. I went to my room to play the games that I downloaded earlier in the week. I wanted to show my parents that I was trustworthy and worthy of Fortnite: Battle Royale. After sitting on my bed eager to play the games, a glimmer of hope came to me. Amongst my downloads, it appeared I had accidentally downloaded the cyber safety program. What a sigh of relief! I ran to my parents and advised them promptly of the accidental error. They then replied with great joy, “You have downloaded the cyber safety program and you have earnt our trust, so you can download Fortnite: Battle Royale on your Xbox One X”.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!