The Bear

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

It was a cold night with the shining moon high in the sky. Terry, Mark and Jake had gone camping on this doomed night. "I was starving", Jake mumbled as he sank his teeth in the tuna sandwich. "I'll go and get some water", said Mark as he leapt to his feet and went to the car. “Roar!” Terry and Jake screamed as Mark jumped in the light blue tent. "Ha-ha! Got you”, yelled Mark as he laughed his head off.
Later that night, the boys heard a low growl coming from outside. "Let's go see what it is guys", Terry said, trying to sound brave. As they went out in the cold, dark night, they heard a low growl and suddenly … BOOM! “ROAR!” A massive shadow stepped out of the dark woods and the boys realised that it was a large bear.
“ARGHHH!” The boys ran for their life as the bear chased them and just then, the bear snatched at Mark’s leg and he tripped and cut his leg. When he got up, the bear was right behind him. Suddenly there was a massive scream as the bear mauled Mark and that was his end. “NOOO!”, screamed Jake and Terry. Then they heard people, so they kept running. Soon they saw people, so they screamed "CALL THE POLICE!" And soon they heard sirens but suddenly they were cornered, and they could either jump off a cliff or face the bear. "Well enjoy our last sights", Terry exclaimed. Just then, the bear got closer. It reached out its arm and “THW! THW!” The police shot tranquilizer darts in the bear. "Well I learnt one thing", said Jake, "I am so never ever going to see bears at the zoo!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!