The Door

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

“Ahhhh…” and just like that, as quick as blink, a brown-haired boy named Dave, disappeared through this big, old, brown door. He was with his friends Max and Jo, both in Grade 6. Now all they were doing was playing this simple game of truth or dare.
But let's start from the start, where it all happened...
It was seven o'clock at night. Max and Jo were at Dave's house for a sleep over, now Dave lives in this very lovely two storey, brick house, but next door is this old wooden house that was sold about five or six years ago. It's meant to be haunted, most people don't believe that though. So, the three boys were playing truth or dare. Dave picked dare which means that what his friends tell him to do he has to do. Max and Jo dared him to go to the house next door and knock on the door. Dave walked to the house and knocked on the old, big, brown, wooden door. He was scared, terrified and trembling in his shoes, but he stayed strong and did three knocks on the door, then Dave just vanished. You should have seen the looks on his friends’ faces, their jaws were dropped, and they had this really sorry look on their face, they scattered away almost falling over in their fluffy green slippers, that left Dave all alone in this strange world behind the door.
From Dave's eyes, the world behind the door was all green apart from himself that was normal coloured. He started to cry, the first drop of a tear hit the ground, but the strangest thing happened, the tear made the strange world flood full of water. He ran as fast as he could to escape the flood, but he was too slow and was swept up in it.
After that back home where Dave lived, he was known and remembered by his family and friends all over the world, with them saying he's dead... But is he?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!