Old Friend

*Knock* *knock* I banged on the door knocker, the door was tiny but I made a loud noise. I wasn't supposed to be there. It was a cute little house with a fairy tale like structure. What? I thought to myself as a man in a dark red suit and a black bow tie ushered me in. The man's hair was greasy and slicked back in a man bun. past him was like a palace, with walls covered in paintings from the Louvre in Paris and furniture covered in red silk.

In the middle were two lonely chairs, bare compared to the rest. “I know you!” Said the man in a familiar voice. Taken aback, I saw his face and was taken down to earth again. “Take a seat…. Now” His breath smelt of salt and his words were slow but yet sharp. I didn’t want to mess with him. I sat down. He went down a flight of stairs and said something, it was muffled by the time it reached me. Probably a code-word. I heard the footsteps first, but the man who came out was… different.

We talked for hours and I couldn’t help feel like something was wrong. The man kept bringing the topic of my name up but I wouldn’t tell him. My stomach growled and I think he noticed. He offered a slice of cheesecake and I couldn’t help but say yes. Suddenly all my bad feelings fluttered away like a group of butterflies finally free. My stomach was now full and only then did I check the time. 3:30. Oops! “I have to go” I said as I stood back up. “Nice meeting you.” I ran out of the house and onto my bike the delicious pizza covered in cardboard in my hand. My boss would be so mad. The sack for me I guess. I thought. Then I remembered. He was an old friend I and had to deliver to the neighbours. Dam my stupid memory! I drove back to the pizza station and parked the bike with the rest. I crept inside and placed the pizza on the counter, tipping toeing back and hopping into my car waiting for me. Just as I started the car my boss stomped out of the back door. I heard only one word ‘fired’ oh well.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!