The Day They Ran Away

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

"Ok guys, we're going out for a nice dinner. If you get hungry we've put some cat food in your bowl Gumboot and some dog food in your bowl Toffee, bye have fun and stay out of trouble. We love you," said Lucy the pet’s owner and off went Lucy and her husband Lucas to 'Restaurant Perfecto. “Meow, I'm getting hungry and I don't want any cat food. Cat food is so last season," Gumboot said tiredly. "How about you Toffee, are you hungry too?" "Oh boy you bet I am and I agree dog food is also so last season," replied Toffee. "Wait a second, how about we go check the fridge, I'm pretty sure that there's some nice and yummy food in there. Come on, let's go and have a look." So Gumboot and Toffee went over to the fridge and had a good look around. They even got things out of the fridge that they didn't want to eat. Some things that they didn't want to eat was a pineapple, pear, peach and more. Soon enough, Gumboot saw something that made his eyes water, a humongous vanilla cake with chocolate frosting and some 100's and 1,000's sprinkles on the top. "Hey, Toffee there's a humongous vanilla cake with chocolate frosting and 100's and 1,000's sprinkles, let's eat that yeah?" Gumboot said with cat spit dripping from his mouth. "Ok," Toffee replied so they went and ate the cake. Meanwhile at 'Restaurant Perfecto’, “I really hope the pets are behaving themselves," Lucy said. “Oh sure they are, let's just concentrate on dinner," responded Lucas. Back at the house: “OMG, this chocolate cake is just so good," Toffee was saying with cake in his mouth. "Nice spot Gumboot." Thank you, now let's…" Gumboot was interrupted by the click of a key turning in the key hole. "Lucy and Lucas are home.
They will hate us forever, run away and never come back!" screamed Gumboot. So Gumboot and Toffee made a run for it and they were never to be seen again. "Oh my word," Lucy said. "Well it looks like we need to get another pet cat and dog," Lucy murmured to Lucas. "Yeah, let's go to bed, I'm a little tired," Lucas said with a yawn, so they went to bed. The next day, they went out and got a cat and dog. They played with them every day and were happy for the rest of their life. The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!