Back To 1908

One hot summer's morning there was a short, stumpy girl named Cindy. Cindy was 8 years of age with a spotted dog called Puck. One morning Cindy and her dog Puck packed up all their gear and went downtown to the little food shop on the corner of Cranberry Street.
They got to the shop and brought some food for afternoon tea. Cindy brought a loaf of bread, some milk and some biscuits. When Cindy got home, she looked out the window and it felt like she was going to faint!
Puck was yapping and barking so loud you could see he was going to smash the window. He barked 1 more time then the window broke! He could see through a little crack it was a lady, knocking on the hard wooden door trying to see whose house arrived in the middle of the Telegraph Station 1908? She found a smashed window and saw a little girl fall straight to the hard wooded floor and didn't know what to do, so she climbed into the house! The lady felt Cindy's pulse, she was still breathing... hopefully. She ran outside to get help from her friend Lalo. Lucky Lalo was a fully trained nurse.
She said, "she should wake up around... NOW!"
"That's quick," shouted Beck.
As soon as Cindy arose to see the two tall girls, she just watched and gazed at them until she explained, "I'm Cindy who are you?"
"I'm Lalo and I'm Beck," replied both girls. "We saved you," said Beck.
"Oh, thank you," replied Cindy, though she had no idea what had happened to her.
Later that afternoon, all the girls and Puck went outside to show Cindy what 1908 looks and feels like. A short time later, Cindy heard something falling from the sky, it was something human shaped and it was falling really fast! You could only hear a HEELLLPPPP… Just before a THUMP! Approximately 5-10 minutes later, the boy sat up in discomfort and cried, "where am I, why do I have a heap of food in my lap?"
"You are in the Telegraph Station 1908," responded Beck. "Oh I know this place!" bellowed the boy.
"How?" asked Cindy.
"My grandad use to tell me stories and showed me some old photos of this place, it hasn't changed much. My grandfather named himself Sir Berry Giles."
"I know him, he was my best friend," Lalo squealed. "I'm Timmy by the way," stated the boy.
"I'm Cindy, this is Lalo and Beck," Cindy said.
2 hours later... they kept on walking and got to the Todd River and had dinner with Timmy's food.
The next morning, all the girls/boy went to slide down the rocks with Puck. They all slid down an enormous rock and they all squealed as loud as they could until next thing you know, Cindy and Timmy were back in 2018!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!