Gary The Tomato

Hi everyone, my name's Emerald and today you're in luck because I'm going to tell you a story. Now this story is not like any other story you would've heard of because it’s one that has never ever been told to anyone in the whole wide world, how lucky are you guys. Our story begins in New York at a nearby supermarket on Monday the 20th of April with our main character Gary the tomato.
"Hi there my name's Gary, I'm a tomato and at the moment I'm sitting at the bottom of the fountain in the town square. Let me explain how I got here.
Well it all started at the supermarket when some weirdo came into the store and walked towards the tomatoes. He picked up two and those of which were my grandparents, but anyway back to the story, once he got his two tomatoes he walked off, but when he did, he knocked me on the ground and he didn't even put me back. So there I lied for about 4 days until I got kicked into the meat section.
Being in the meat section for 3 days wasn't actually that bad, but then I began to feel myself getting wrinkly by the minute and then the next thing that I know, some big hunk of beef kicked me out, so then I rolled away to the very unpopular Brussels sprout section. I then got kicked out of there because they said I looked too red, how rude are they. So after that I was feeling pretty rotten literally.
The next thing that happened in my eventful life was that I was now on the bottom of someone's shoe, now don't even ask me how I got here or how I'm still alive because I don't even know, I was asleep one minute and now I'm here. At the moment I'm being wiped onto the grass at the town square because the person's shoe I'm on, thinks I'm dog poo. My life is so fun sometimes.
After rotting in the grass for a few days, I've realised that I need deodorant because I stink, I'm beginning to think that there really was dog poo on that guy's shoe. But look, what's that, is it raining, oh that feels nice, hang on I'm moving, who, what, where and why, has someone taken a rotten dog poo smelling tomato from the grass. Hey I think I might just be in a dog’s mouth, unless I'm in a whale’s mouth, wait no, that can't be right, I wasn’t in the ocean was I, nope I wasn't, I'm in a dog’s mouth, it must have mistaken me for its ball. Well let me tell you, it’s not that appealing in here, it smells worse than me and hang on, it’s stopped raining already, unless that wasn't actually rain.
So after getting dibbled on and fetched by the dog, it eventually went and got a drink from the fountain and I got dropped. I sank to the bottom and that's how I came to be at the bottom of the fountain in New York at the town square on the 20th of April. The End!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!