Gimby The Lizard

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

Gimby the lizard lived outside in a garden under a big bush. He was a little grey skink with blue spots. Gimby liked to go on small adventures. His best friend was a green grasshopper called Jimmy who liked to visit the little lizard every day.
Whenever Gimby got scared he dropped the end of his tail. His mum always told him to hide under the bush and to be careful with birds because they sometimes eat little lizards for lunch. But Gimby didn't listen. He wanted to have fun with Jimmy the grasshopper.
One day Gimby and Jimmy decided to play silly games. They were pulling funny faces, jumped as high as they could and chased each other in the grass.
Suddenly a big kookaburra swooped down on Gimby and grabbed him by his tail. Jimmy the grasshopper tried to jump at the kookaburra, but he was too strong. Gimby wriggled and wiggled to get free until his tail broke off. The little lizard fell on the ground and ran straight home to his mum. Gimby promised not to play so far from home with Jimmy again. His mum said his tail will grow in no time.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!