The Inbetween

Simone woke up felling a weird feeling she thought it was the Mexican wraps she had last night but then it started to rumble she thought ‘Gees what do they put in there’ then she realised it wasn't her, the house started to shake. She ran to the window as she heard screams, she peeked through the white dusty blinds there was a huge sound it was...starting to hurt, it was like ringing she felt a cold liquid run down her ear she was scared but the liquid was odd. It was thick she wiped her finger over her ear, it was blood the room was kind of fuzzy. She ran into her kids’ rooms, Olivia's and Jason's. She saw them fall then a bright light blinded her. The kids were gone the room was now spinning as if she was on a spinning ride, she felt no support in her knees. She fell too then she was gone. Then she woke up in these clothes that were definitely not her style, but it was comfy. She stood up and looked behind her there was a crowd among her, she felt cold and unsafe she looked up and glanced at the water above her?? She felt drawn to it was worried about her children and hubby but there was someone she was missing, everyone woke up they were all mumbling they started to talk. There was a sudden earthquake, but they were fine there was dark and only dark the ground was black and hard but the water glistening above her. A guy from the crowd placed his hand into the water he was sucked up then they all gazed out into the fog nobody realised they were all unsure about where they, people instantly blew back but Simone did not. She was one of few people who didn't, including her family there was a light portal she felt pure joy she stepped into the portal fiercely and fell over she got back up and she was in a hotel, her family were already there, there was no more confusion in her she realised she felt no weight on her then she started to worry about her someone she was missing. She knew it all along her twin sister Renee she tried to use her phone but there was no service, so she tried to open the door, but it shut on its own. She got a glance of what was outside it was just light. She then waited, there suddenly was a knock on the door it was a man covered in cuts and bruises he said “Take my son, he will be safe with you.” She replied “What happened to you?” He answered “I tried to get through the portal for my boy but now I understand I do not belong here in the in-between, it is a place before the judgement of whether you go to heaven or you know where. I deserve to go down there but not my son. There was a fight between the angels and demons they brought to earth I am going to do my trial instantly with the neutral angel/demon. He sentenced me to the bad place.” He said to his son “I love you so much even when I won't see you.” His son replied “How long daddy an hour or so?” Keep in mind this kid is like three. '”No son forever.” Then his son replied back “No don't go dad please.” Then the father shut the door. “Jason” Simone called “take this boy and look after him” she then felt a pull towards the door it swung wide open she got to the light and there was this angel/demon. One half was this beautiful creature and another with red and dry as it was staring at her she fell backwards but floating she was sucked into her memories. It felt like a lifetime but when returned it wasn't there anymore just black she fell then there was light she was in heaven.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!