Peggy Takes Flight

Peggy takes flight

Among the old trees in the forest you may find a wooden sign saying “OLD MORRYS FARM”on that farm you will find a tiny,yellow hen house with a tin roof for one and decorated with sunflowers all around the small construction. In that coop lives a ginger colored chicken called Peggy.She loved to look out her window and admire the pigeons dance in the sky. Why you may ask? Because Peggy had a big dream and that was to take flight.

In the farm lived other farm animals who doubted Peggy expeccially Daisy and Doug the horses particularly because everything they did was perfect. One sunny day when the light poured through the huge windows when she had thought of a marvellous idea.so she went off into the forest and gathered sticks, twigs, leaves and rocks then she started her greatest invention yet. She worked hard all day and all night. “At last” remarked Peggy as the fantastic invention stood there proudly. It was a great flying machine. “The others will be so jealous and I shall show then tomorrow” exclaimed Peggy as she went to bed in her golden hay pile and as usual dreamt about flying.

What she didn't know was that two other farm animals jumped through her small window and roughly landed right on top of Peggy's flying machine. Peggy looked up from her her straw and saw Daisy and Doug on top of her flying machine that now looked like a huge wooden mess. Daisy and Doug suddenly looked up and saw Peggy.”W-we can explain stammered daisy. “Why did you do it?” cried Peggy.” It might hurt you if you try to fly” lied Doug. Peggy's eyes narrowed as tears flooded down her face. Daisy and Doug miserably trudged out of the coop as Peggy continued sobbing. “What's wrong?” came a voice. Peggy looked up and saw her best friend Beaky the pigeon.”I heard your cries are you alright?”asked Beaky, suddenly looking down and spotting the remains of Peggy's flying machine.” it was Daisy and Doug who ruined my dream of flying” wailed Peggy. “I can help you fly because i'm a pigeon” announced Beaky excitedly. So the pair went into the old forest and practised by jumping of a tree. The first nine times Peggy couldn't succeed but the tenth time she spread out her wings and jumped off and was suddenly gorgeously gliding through the bright sky. “This is amazing” yelled peggy. So our story comes to a close as Peggy and Beaky fly off to another city leaving all the mean animals on the farm behind.”PEGGYYYYY” yelled Daisy and Doug in anger as they became two small dots on the ground a Peggy and Beaky took of into the sky.



THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!