The Prank

I ran towards the car I was terrified, frightened, petrified. I kept on running. Finally, I reached the car, I jumped in and locked all the doors. Safe, safe at last I thought. I knew this was supposed to be a prank, but this was too far this time, it had reached the breaking point. I was starting to calm down after seeing that hideous scaly, green worm slithering towards me. I looked up to see if it was safe to come out again. But instead it was glued right on the window! I felt like fainting. It was the ugliest, slimiest most horrific thing I’ve ever seen. No, I can’t even describe it more than that, it was that ugly. I had, fear washing over me, freezing cold sweat as I tried to look away.
“I wanted to go home!” I screamed uncontrollably.
But nobody answered.
“Oh no!” I thought as it was starting to heat up in the car. I went against my usual instinct to open a window to get the freezing cold air that cools me down again. I really wanted to open a window or in my case, open a door. But I was still trembling with fear from seeing that hideous, horrific, terrifying snake. I absolutely hated this prank. Why did I go to the Ekka in the first place? A maths test that’s 10 pages would be better than this any day of the week.
I was starting to calm down after seeing that sickening snake. But then a new problem appeared, Rumble! Rumble! Went my starving tummy waiting for some food. I had no food, no water and to top it all off the snake was still there, lurking, watching.
I looked up at the sunroof.
“Just great!” I mumbled to myself. I was starving, dying of thirst and the horrific snake was still watching me like a hawk. I was terrified. I didn’t dare move.
It was now dark. I was starving, thirsty but no one came, yet. The Ekka would be done soon. But a little wait can be very long when your starving, thirsty and terrified out of your skull.
“Surely this was the end?” I mumbled aloud, but then someone came closer, shining a torch at our car. They ripped off what was meant to be a fake snake! Looked through the window and relief spread across, both of our faces. It was mum and dad! I was so happy, they even had food and water, finally we can go home.
“So, how was it?” wondered mum.
“I‘d rather have a 10-page math test during play then go through this!” I replied.
Mums relief suddenly turned to shock when she screamed “Where’s the nearest hospital!”
And drove off like a mad man.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!