Rainy Day

The howling wind sounded like a ghost floating in the storm. The numerous amount of cascading water drops echoed around me like a never ending choir. The thunder slammed into the sky like a rocket leaving ear bursting echoes flying in all directions. Lighting soon followed cracking a split in the night sky. A fluro yellow streak reaching for the ground. Urging to strike. The wind blew towards me. Water gushed at my face. My face screwed up against the harsh assaults that were slamming at me. I ran with my arm over my head so I could see through the misty rain. I squinted through pouring rain and kept running, the water splashed around my feet almost up to my knees. My ankles were covered in water. Suddenly the boot of the car parked beside me flew opened and slammed down again only to rise again. It looked like a crocodile lunging for its meal, and that meal was me. I bolted straight to a tree, a little shelter but the rain still blew into my face and dropped through the leaves. I was trapped in this storm, a never ending gust of wind, a waterfall of rain, a crackle of lightning and a clash of thunder. I couldn’t escape.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!