Tentacle

As I stepped off my ship onto the strange new land, I felt the warmth of the blazing sun radiating down my back sending shivers and tingles throughout my cold bones, I quivered. I took another step and saw a gust of orange sunset sand wrap around my ankles, it twirled before settling back down on its surface where it once laid. I grabbed my gear and supplies and started exploring, the peculiar landscape filled me with excitement and interest. Every corner a new discovery and treasure to wow me. I came across a cave shaped rock, I walked around it, using all my knowledge from every horror movie I’ve ever watched and I didn’t enter the potentially dangerous cave. I turned the corner and there it was, a big monster of blue skin laying there. I went in for a closer look, it wailed and screamed in pain. Intrigued, I leant over to touch the tentacle beast but fear overruled me. I took a moment and stepped back, I reached in for my camera out of my bag and raised it up high for a bird’s eye view and clicked the shutter button… a tentacle launched up into the air and snatched the camera out of my hand. It threw me into the rock wall of the cave, small pebbles crumbled from the boulders. It ferociously chucked my limp body then dragged it through the sand. I felt weak and sore, I couldn’t fight any longer. I let it take me back to its lair where I will wait out my days as prisoner unless I can be saved...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!