Infinite Mercy

Excellence Award in the 'Write Along 2018' competition



Raging against the hurling of thunderstorms and violent creations of his word. I cannot urge to undergo my sins. I have come upon an immoral act in the eyes of God and my unearthly dignity and flourishing pride have troubled my instincts. This what I commit, that is what acquire. I have no faith, the bond of human kind, intimacy and tenderness shattered like fake crystals, breaking the insoles of my heart. The clashing of war, ruthless enemy spies and deathly xenophobia reversed towards me against my will and destiny. Nothing but the treacherous desert, precarious valleys and perilous floods he created for me for all the surreptitious crockery done even though the taunting eyes of smoking mischief lies around me, soul-stirring, affectionate, disciplinary emotions bewildered from the past swiftly now adhering my future. As leaf by leaf fallout from the great oak, I wonder if there will ever be good in my life, any happiness, merit or mercy. I have created my bad and received it from nature, will it stain forever on oak or could we burn it and think of our future? Could we rewrite a whole new story telling a tale of who we are and our rights as non-Caucasians to find our true destiny and what we longed to show him and the world, will he forgive us, will he give us our mercy?

I know we have not done a sin, for this, but I'm not ashamed of who I am and what I look like. It's how he made us look. Maybe, I could show the world who I'm, and send this message to all non-Caucasian families and children. That we should not be ashamed of who we are and where we come from, we share many talents and gifts that the world needs, if the others don't plant a seed to diversity, we will do it. We are the ones that can reunite the world and see the change we would want to see in the world and empower. We have rights that outnumber the other, we have a future that holds our dreams and wishes and education that is stolen from us, but we can grab hold onto it. We are the future not just Caucasians they are not just the future for the world, we are. They didn't think of us, they thought of themselves. They were the bloodstones of our past, but we are the radiance of the future.

I peep over the hedge glancing nervously at the two Caucasian girls playing hopscotch. They instantly catch my sight and start laughing and calling me names. I hinge expeditiously, staying hidden. The girls move off down to another group of girls, as I glimpsed enviously sighing. Well a non-Caucasian girl with one dream- to have rights and mercy, was it worth it?. The school bell rung obtrusively. I lunged out of the hedge and went to class. I kept thinking. Will I ever get mercy? Because others have infinite.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!