Watery Grave

Underneath the rolling waves, deep deep in the blue-black sea.
Lost ships and forgotten people wait for thee, like a dead pet fish forgotten to be flushed away.

The long-lost loved ones lay there, they wish to be found.
They know that there loved ones can't visit them in this watery grave as they do not know where they are.
They wait day and night, weeks to months, years to centuries, they wait.

The lost ships also wait for someone to find them.
They long to find peace in a museum or restored to something new.
They rust day by day falling apart lost in the current of the sea,
And all that remains in this watery grave is the souls of the dead and the treasures they took when they sunk.

Like a dead pet fish, both the lost loved ones and the ships wait for freedom.
Because anything is better than being in a watery grave.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!