Fear

I bang my hand against the ancient looking computer, "WORK YOU STUPID THING, THEY COULD BE HE-” I stopped, heart thumping out of my chest, I look above the computer to see a hidden figure standing 5 metres away from my desk. I flash the torch to see a little girl with a blood curling smile looking at me with dead flowers in her hands. Her eyes are dilated black, she has a torn dress that makes you think she just came back from hell, her skin is pale and worst of all, someone’s hand is on her shoulder. She stands there still, like a snake ready to pounce at its victim. I cover my eyes with fear thinking the worst. I hear a thud and my spin shivers, all the hairs on my arms lift up. I remove my now shacking hands off my cold face, the girl is gone. I have to get out of here, I thought to myself, but the question is, where am I? Then I felt dumb for saying that, I am in a room, but where is this room? Asia? Africa? No psycho is that desperate to kill me, I thought. I walk around the room looking for answers, while my brain is trying to solve the last piece of the puzzle, why put ME here? I thought all hope was lost, so in frustration, I grabbed a book off the ground and smashed it against the wall. THUD! I look up surprised. "THE WALL IS HOLLOW!!" I scream joyfully. I grab the book I threw and with it, I thrust it against the wall multiple times until I see a box in the wall. I pull the box out of the wall, sit down on the dirty floor and open the box. As soon as I opened the box I see it ...MY FEAR...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!