The First Vikings To Find Briton

It was a dark night, with the a cold air hitting them as the wolf ship sailed over the savage waves. A crew of seven covered themselves in furred jackets, and tried desperately to sail the ship through the waves as if glory was behind each one. Four members of the crew rowed the ship, the fifth one tried to stir it while the sixth controled the sails leaving the last one in front for look out.
" We wont make it, the ship is about to crack in half!"said Avang with a loud booming voice , he was the second man on the right that was rowing the ship , at that very moment the heavy rain started coming down , in a few seconds there cloths were already soaked.
"Just a little further i could sea the end of the storm."replied Asolf turning hi head around with a less booming voice
"You've bean sawing that for the past hour you ring less man, and for god dang sake bring that sail down Alfgeir the wind is not in our favor, probably explains why we haven't hit the end of the storm." shouted Armod with a demanding voice. he was the first man on the right that was rowing the boat.
"sorry, but you try standing up while trying to bring down the sail."replied Alfgeir with the same tone of voice.

An hour later the wolf ship had made it to shore, all of the crew members got out of the ship to view the terrain, they walked there way up the hill, behind the hill there was a massive land as far as the eye can sea with trees,grass,flowers and plants they never saw before. in a close distance they could see a village.
"Do you think we could get help from there would they trust us." asked Alfgeir.
"Never know till you try." replied Alf
When they got to the village they were welcomed by the people, after a while Asolf wondered what this place was.
"What kingdom do you men come from." a farmer replied
"The island is called Briton however we belong to the kingdom of Danelaw."


THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!