Rambles Of An Unstable Teenager

The world is never as it seems.
The people you hang around are never what they seem. Especially those who are close to you. They are absolutely never who they seem.
I suppose that’s just how the world works. Everyone is so self-centred that you can never be too sure as to what they are thinking of inside that head of theirs.
I have a handful of close friends; females who I have grown up to love and known so well. But, despite all this, I can tell when I’m not wanted. When I’m longer needed. I can tell when they prefer someone else instead of me. It’s not that difficult to point out these complications. They don’t know that you know that. They are absolutely oblivious to what you think and know about them. There are times when people know exactly what someone does and thinks and it hurts when you are that person. It aches terribly when you are the receiving end of all this selfishness.
I’m used to it by now… Have been for years. It gets to the point where it gets so hard to keep everything locked inside… in that glass bottle that could so easily shatter into a million deadly pieces.
But, for some unknown reason, everybody thinks it’s alright. They think that it’s alright to toss around all those hurtful things… They think it’s okay to hurt everyone around them all due to their selfishness.
I suppose I’m writing this as I needed a way to keep that glass bottle from completely shattering. I don’t make any sense but that’s okay… Honestly, I really don’t care what people think of me anymore. They can toss around all their insults and all their self-centredness and I still wouldn’t care. It’s about time that I stop caring so much about what people say. It’s about time that I start thinking of myself. No longer am I going to let people manipulate me, to use all my weaknesses to get exactly what they want.
And I suppose that is the end of my ramble. It’s time for me to drop the microphone, go home and sleep… In my case, it’d be the pen I’m dropping.
Anyhow, goodnight.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!