Under The Bed

The scuttling noise had disturbed Jake and he’d shot bolt upright in bed. After taking a deep breath, he flung himself onto the smooth wooden boards of his bedroom floor and took a peek. Jake saw under his bed that's been keeping him up every night for the last two nights was his favourite animals sausage dog. It was his old neighbour’s Mr and Mrs Binkley. Jake scooped him up and ran down stairs and told his mum and dad “Mum, Dad you know what's been keeping me up? It's Mr and Mrs Binkley’s dog Fred. What are we going to do? They moved from Canberra to Sydney two days ago. HELP ME HELP ME! It’s out of control.” That night, they rang their old neighbours about Fred. They said that Jake can keep him, they didn't want him anyway. Jake always wanted a sausage dog named Fred.


THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!