Jeramy Stones

It was the 20/7/1914, and we had 8 days till all the young men and some maidens had to leave for war my father was on his deathbed and i had to go to war to serve my country if i didnt i would have to go to jails so i did.

-Chapter one: Goodbye
Me and me mates were saying goodbye to our fellow maidens and had 2 days till we were at war. We left at 11:00 in the morning and when we arrived in gallipoli, there were these flowers everywhere called poppies. Me and the mates were terrified to see that the Turks were more advanced than us lads {australians}. We were just reaching up of the beach

-Chapter two: the bloody war
It was 4:00AM the sun was just starting to come up and us lads were getting ready to fire, first troop 1 was up, then us troop 4 came men were being shot the poppies were starting to turn red by the blood of us lads i tried carrying my lads to the emergency services but i almost got shot i standed trying harder and harder by the minute than this bullet comes right through my chest me eyes got darker till i couldn't see this is what's called a shock then me mates grabed me and i start to see my life flashing before me eyes even when i was 25 and and im 18.

-Chapter3 : light
3 days later i wake bein very saw i couldn’t get up i had a horrible chest pains. Me and the lads were up the carried me to the base it was 7:00 pm in the night which means we may not fight, all the troops including the Turks gathered together and played cards it was sad to see the wounded men who wouldn’t make it home to their children and there maidens, So I decided to write a poem to mine, the night is light so watch the bright, remember i will come home might even go through the phone, i send my dove to give you my love, tell the children that I’m not wounded and that i love them them beyond the holo and i found my fellow beyond the meadow. Don’t ever forget. Letter: Dear my love if i don't make it home don’t ever forget that i love you and i always will so tell the children i will come home soon and make sure to just let go the heart is more powerful than you can imagine.


A couple of years later Jeremy did not return home but at least he fought with honor.

The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!