The Enemy

You almost won.
You became who I was and consumed who I used to be.
You were the warped wall of unattainable standards society calls beauty that I must live up to.
People tried to fix me but it was more than sadness, and I was more than broken.
Because how DO you fix something that seems so beyond repair?
Hide it.
So I hid.
I tried to mask the tears with a smile and the self-despair for self-love.
But it was no use because you cannot hide from yourself.
And you can’t sit back and wait for the hate to leave and for it all to be better.
Because that’s not how it works.
Nothing is that easy.
Not school, not work, not making friends, or keeping them and most certainly not life.
Life seems so unfair until you realise it’s unfair to everyone and that is just how life works out.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!