Remorse Is My Enemy

Excellence Award in the 'Write Along 2018' competition

Remorse is my enemy. However, I am guilty. Regretful. Ashamed.
My faults are only dimmed by hope, and kindness.
One day when I am a better person, my faults may crackle and curl up in flames.
Seen only as the ash of dark secrets, the ash of my past, I await that day.
I still remember the warm sensation of kindness, melting through my shell of fear and black hatred, reaching for my heart with long outstretched fingers.
From there on I made it my mission to love myself and through it love others.
My pain still riddles the cracks in my heart, a reminder, but not a burden.
I still cry, but wipe my tears away with warm hands,
I still worry, but replace my fear with a smile,
I still hurt, but notice and cherish the love around me,
I have learnt that change cannot change itself.
Change can only change if one lets it, so I will change,
And I am still myself, Just a better, happier person.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!