Murdered

Excellence Award in the 'Write Along 2018' competition

Footsteps slowly creaked on every step of the stairs. The bedroom door handle turned slowly. I was reading my book there was a breeze outside, the window pane creaked since it was old and beaten up. My mum and dad had died when I was 3 and my brother was murdered in Highs Dayle Orphanage for Girls and Boys, I was now an orphan. I lay in the afternoon wondering why I was here I had tears in my eyes. Could I be the next person to die in Highs Dayle Orphanage For Girls and Boys?
Miss Killer was always acting weirdly around the other orphans it was like she was a killer well that’s what I think, I feel like she murdered my family but that is just a thought. Every night she would check on the girls in the orphanage but when she walked into a room she always took a dagger with blood on it to the girl’s room.

One night I overheard Miss Killer talking to a man who had never come to Highs Dayle Orphanage for Girls and Boys before he seemed quite mean he would always shout back at Miss Killer, but I would of thought that she had go use to it by now. One day Miss Killer invited the strange man to join us for supper, and at the dinner table everyone was silent till the man let out a huge sneeze and then Miss Killer asked to have a word with him. It was a quick conversation, and when we were having dessert the man asked one of the girls if he could see her tonight before she went to bed. She agreed with him, so that night she was taken out of her bedroom and in the morning was nowhere to be seen.

I didn’t trust him at all I thought Miss Killer and the man were up to no good. That night I ran out of Highs Dayle Orphanage for Girls and Boys and onto the streets I had not been out of that grubby orphanage for ages and I felt so good to be out again I was supposed to be out looking for the police when I caught a glance of a sheet of paper on my face, the corner of my eye saw Miss Killer I decided to read it then I saw the man.

They were killers seeking revenge on all the kids especially my family the Tinters, yes, I am Kaylor Tinters. I could hear my voice in the distance it was sharp and witchy as soon as I recognized it I ran behind a bin, I knew it was Miss Killer and the man. The man had a name but no one knew it not even Miss Killer, they were on a hunt to kill me they both had guns in their hands ready to kill.

All of a sudden I felt a gun to my head and a pat on the shoulder.




FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!