Unexplainable

Do you think they remember, the time and place. The seconds before, the clock dropped, fell out of space. Where small, dim minds would trace, their final race, the shrills, the shrieks, all because of he...
His unexplainable choice
The reason, oh, we can only bear to think, what was his initiative? The sounds, the smells, the memories clear as glass.
We were stuck, stuck like magnets to metal. We were petrified, the terror grew and grew. The dirt pressed against my claws, the last rough surface I would feel.
BANG! two left
BANG! one left
My ears were ringing, I couldn't bear to look right. My partner, gone. Asleep at night. A cry echoed around the barn.
A small, pale mistress ran in the barn dressed in pyjamas and slippers. I was alive! Not for long.
"Stop!" she cried. "They only have one life." "Oh Sally, you do not understand" sighed the father. "The chicken soup will be delicious!"
She ran back home and cried and cried and cried.
BANG! The poor lifeless chickens, such a sad sight.








FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!