The Flame And Fury

There was a big black cloud around me.
I tried to rush back inside but it was to late.
All I could see was orange hot flames.
My eyes were on fire, hands were so hot it felt like I was holding heat beads, my shoe laces were red as burning coal. I heard sirens, I tried walking outside, my legs were weak, my eyes hurt in the glaring light.
I could see my families ashes fly past me.
I could hear them say “you’ll be safe.”
I felt alone in a deep and dark corner. I could feel the wind pushing me back from the helicopter blades.
Dust went into my eyes.
They held me up into the helicopter, I didn’t know what to do, they started asking me questions, this made me more think about my family.
I closed my eyes and think of all the bad things I regret doing.
I woke up thinking that it was all a dream, then I thought why I’m in hospital, I felt so relieved,
Then I heard someone say his family’s funeral is on Friday. I felt dizzy, I tried to calm down, I couldn’t, fell off the hospital bed, my vision was blurry. I could see the doctors trying to help me, my heart rate rose. 99, 121, 137, 158, 161, 0.
That was the end for me. My family was right, now I’m safe, in the blue beyond, with the one and only God.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!